The report amplifies the voices of 55 journalists – spanning 26 countries including Brazil, India, Kenya, Philippines and Moldova – who are alumni of Thomson Reuter Foundation’s journalism training programmes. Their insight is combined with expert analysis of a wide range of industry sources, making the report the first of its kind to bring together both quantitative and unique qualitative data with this regional focus.
The study gives many insights about key issues such as:
- The impact of the pandemic on the structure of newsrooms and methods of reporting;
- Misinformation and the global ‘infodemic’;
- Increased threats to media freedom;
- An acceleration of journalism’s financial ‘freefall’;
- Journalists’ mental health and wellbeing.
Author: Damian Radcliffe