This report, in addition to providing an overview of the state of the media and gender equality in Burkina Faso, identified opportunities for the EUD to improve gender equality through and with the media in six particular areas:
- Strengthening women’s decision making and leadership in media organisations
- Addressing gender-based steretoypes in media content
- Ensuring and strenghtening women’s and girl’s access to information as means of empowerment
- Strengthening and leveraging women’s and girl’s access to training in as well as profession engagement with ICT
- Encouraging women’s political participation, specifically in elections
- Addressing Female Genital Mutilation
The report is also available in French.
Authors: Virginie Ramey, Nestorine Sangare Compaore, Dessi Damianova (FPU). Supported by media content monitoring team: Aimée Florentine Kaboré, Anna Gorter (FPU).